« All Events
Online Citrix App Layering Hands-On Workshop (10/12/2018)
October 12 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
You are invited to an EXCLUSIVE HANDS-ON training on App Layering workshop! Citrix App Layering radically reduces the overhead involved in managing your Windows applications and images. Regardless of which hypervisor or provisioning service you use, the App Layering service lets you:
- Install your operating system, platform tools, and applications in separate layers.
- Select the combination of layers you need for each of your images in an image template, then using the image template to provision systems for groups of users.
- Elastically assign specific App layers for on-demand delivery to users when they log in.
This will reduce the number of images to maintain. The App Layering solution works for both pooled desktops and session hosts.
Why should you attend?
- Think Citrix App Layering is just an install of an agent.
- Looking to consolidate image sprawl and minimize the number of base images you manage day-to-day.
- Wish Citrix XenApp could give you the ability to elastically assign applications on the fly.
- Use Citrix XenDesktop pooled desktops and need to offer custom applications per user.
- Think App Layering is slow and creating the app layer takes forever!
This workshop begins with a platform overview and a drill-down on each of the feature and progresses through to an architectural design review. Participants will gain an understanding of how the App Layering works and will cover the following components:
- Overview: Citrix App Layering
- Overview: Install options for Citrix App Layering w/ Demo
- Module 1: Platform Layers w/ Labs
- Module 2: Deploying Layers /w Labs
- Module 3: User Layers w/ Labs
Module 4: Elastic Layers (Working with Layers)